Saturday, February 18, 2012

Feb. 12, 2012 Nanjing

Feb. 12 2012

1 day until JACK DAY!!!

Today we flew from Beijing to Nanjing.
Tomorrow my oldest baby turns 15. I can't believe it!

The flight went well. It was a little bumpy in places but overall pretty good, and pretty fast. They served a snack on the plane, some kind of bun with meat inside. It was HOT! We had to wait for it to cool down. The bun was kind of like an english muffin or biscuit,but very dense, I think it had cinnamon or something swirled inside? The meat was corned beef or ham or something. Bubba loved it, so I took the meat out of his and mine and tore it into pieces for him.

It was raining when we landed in Nanjing. Our guide, Jin, met us at the airport and took us back to our hotel, Nanjing Aqua City Holiday Inn. I couldn't believe the lack of traffic on the way from the airport to the hotel. It was amazing! Jin told us that the expressway we were on would be converted to 8 lanes very soon as Nanjing will host the Olympics in 2014. We saw the City Wall and City Moat on the way to our hotel, and the girls found a Walmart! Can't get away from them anywhere, I guess.

Our hotel is nice, very fancy. The bathroom (with a deep tub) is wonderful, especially after no tub in Beijing. The hotel is attached to a fancy mall. We ate at a noodle restaurant there for supper. It was pretty good! Then we went to the grocery store in the bottom floor of the mall for water and snacks. I got lost coming back, good thing Richard was with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment